Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pictures





My father-in-law, Joe waiting to have me checked in for my Hickman surgery on December 3.



























December 3 - I am in the pre-op room waiting to be taken into surgery to have my Hickman installed. The Hickman is a catheter inserted into my chest and into the superior vena cava vein and is used for all intravenous connections.

















My beautiful wife, Elaine hanging out with me in my room. I am on the 6th (top) floor of the Helford City of Hope Hospital (Room 6115).


I have a great view to the west and can see downtown Los Angeles on clear days. I can also see colorful sunsets from my room.












My IV pole and me. This IV pole is connected to me 24/7 (except when I shower) through my hickman catheter in my chest.

No comments: